Our expert team specializes in professional gym floor installations. Whether you’re starting from scratch or upgrading your existing facility, we have the knowledge and experience to handle the job with precision.
Revitalize your worn-out gym floor with our professional refinishing services. Our refinishing process involves sanding down the surface, repairing any damages, and applying multiple layers of high-quality finish for enhanced durability and a fresh look.
Don’t let damaged areas compromise the performance and safety of your gym floor. Our skilled technicians specialize in gym floor repairs, addressing issues such as cracks, dents, and uneven surfaces.
Sports Flooring Experts
Since 2005 Excalibur Hardwood Floors has been providing hardwood flooring services for the whole state of Arizona. Our amazing team is trained to install, repair sand and refinishing any hardwood flooring using only the best materials possible with unmatched quality. Unlike most of our competitors we don’t use subcontractors, we use only our own highly trained employees which ensure consistency on each and every project we touch.
Other Sports FloorsFlooring Solutions
- ✔ Gym floor court striping
- ✔ Custom logos, borders and lettering
- ✔ Sport floor cleaning and annual maintenance
- ✔ Oil and water base polyurethane application
Why Choose Us?
About Excalibur Hardwood Floors
Tony Martin President and Founder of Excalibur Hardwood Floors, LLC started his business in 2005 with a goal on mind, establish a company based on honesty and quality service. Years went by and the same tradition continues using integrity as our milestone. At Excalibur we believe when you hire a well-established hardwood flooring company, that has the experience and takes pride in their craftsmanship, you can be assured that service, respect, and dependability are part of every single job we do.Read More
Custom ArtworkAnd Logos For Gym Floors
Elevate your gym floors with stunning custom artwork and logos that showcase your unique style and branding.
Quality Detailed Work
Whether you are looking for an NBA Professional basketball court, College, High School, Elementary or even you own home Gym, we do it all including custom designs, logos, and lettering. We also install and service Dance floor, Stage floors, Racquetball courts, etc.
Sanding & Refinishing
If you have an older floor that is either peeling, too dark, wavy, or simply need to update the look of it and bring it back to life? We can help! Did you know most older floors can be sanded down to bare wood, paint new lines and logos and make it look almost as good as it was the day it was first installed for a fraction of the price?
Abrade & Recoating
One of the most common requests we receive is the abrade and recoat also called screen and coat. This quick process can make a scratched, dull, worn-down floor look new again but not only that, by adding layers of finish over the years you can protect the actual wood from deep scratches that can take years of life out of your floor.
You can provide us with your own design, or we can help you design one for you, we have worked with hundreds of happy customers that are pleased to see their design go from a simple drawing to the actual floor you are playing on.
We can do repairs of all sizes, from a simple broken board, an area with termites or a huge water damage that can be from broken pipes, roof leaks, rainstorms, etc.
Gym Floor Maintenance
Daily And Weekly Maintenance Tips
- ✔Sweep The Floor Daily with a properly treated dust mop. If the floor is used heavily, sweep it up to three times per day.
- ✔Wipe Up Spills and any moisture on the floor surface.
- ✔Make Sure The Heating/Ventilating/Air Conditioning System Is Functioning Properly and set to maintain indoor relative humidity’s between 35 percent and 50 percent year-round. In areas of consistently high or low outside humidity, a 15 percent fluctuation will not adversely affect the maple.
- ✔Remove Heel Marks using an approved floor cleaner applied with a soft cloth or a dust mop. Contact your floor finish manufacturer for approved cleaning products.
- ✔Inspect Floor For Tightening Or Shrinkage. During wet weather, check for water leakage around doors and windows. Remove debris from expansion joints.
- ✔Alaways Protect The Floor when moving heavy portable equipment or lifts. Ensure portable equipment does NOT have crowned wheels or wheels that include center ridges remaining from the molding process. These types of wheels can create very significant point loads.
- ✔Tack the floor with Mineral Spirits on a weekly basis or bi-weekly depending on the season and also the traffic that is on the floor. This process is to be done with a clean shower towel and push broom. The mineral spirits will remove the dust missed by the dust mop and will also help in removing black marks off the floor.
- ✔Install walk-off mats on all doorway entrances (preferably not on the wood floor).
- ✔Inspect and clean under bleachers and wheels regularly and before opening them.
- ✔Install felt pads on table and chairs used on the hardwood floors.
- ✔Avoid excess moisture from tracked in water, leaks, or over wetting for damp mopping.
- ✔NEVER shut down the ventilation system in your facility for a prolonged period.
- ✔NEVER clean your MFMA floor using scrubbing machinery or power scrubbers that use water.
- ✔NEVER attempt to modify or repair your MFMA sports floor without first consulting your MFMA contractor.
- ✔NEVER use household cleaning products or procedures.
- ✔NEVER PUT TAPE ON THE FLOOR!!
Scheduling Annual Maintenance, Sanding and Refinishing
- Schedule a screen and coat at minimum of once per year. We use a 50% oil modified (oil base) polyurethane and have found that it gives your gym floor the best results. But we do also have water base gym finish available.
- Schedule a sanding every eight to ten years. Normally around this time floors begin to buckle and show the signs of movement due to excess buildup of finish or building environment issues. Sanding before this occurs will save excessive removal of damaged wood.
Image Gallery From Our Recent Projects
|←Slide to the sides to view the full details.
We had to replace 15,000 plus sf of 1 year old wood flooring after a previous installation due to water damage. The difference was night and day. Don’t be fooled by the “big companies” out there, Excalibur is the best. We were able to compare price, quality, service, the whole nine yards and Excalibur wins hands down. Highly recommend.
Robert Brooks ★★★★★
The first time Excalibur came, they sanded the floor down, made all the lines, and add the school logo in the center of the gym. I have no problem. They have done an excellent job, very professional. This is the reason I will call Excalibur every time we need it.
Maribel Cornidez ★★★★★
Excalibur Hardwood Floors LLS did and excellent job completing Pan American Charter High School gym floor. From beginning to end the services has been exceptional. Attentional to detail, workmanship, and communication makes Excalibur you choice for quality work. The floor was completed in one day.
Kevin Kendall ★★★★★
Frequently Asked Questions About Our Hardwood Floors
What Is An Acceptable Humidity Level For Hardwood Floors?
An acceptable humidity level for hardwood floors typically falls within the range of 35% to 55%. It is important to maintain a stable humidity level to prevent any potential damage to the hardwood flooring. Low humidity levels can cause the wood to shrink and potentially lead to gaps between the planks, while high humidity levels can cause the wood to expand and potentially result in warping or buckling. Using a humidifier or dehumidifier, depending on the climate and season, can help regulate the humidity levels and ensure the optimal conditions for your hardwood floors. It is recommended to consult with a flooring professional or manufacturer for specific guidelines based on your location and flooring type.
What is the best hardwood for a basketball court?
Hard maple is a durable, stable, and wood floor species preferred by those in the sport. Since the invention of the uniquely American sport of basketball in the late 1800s, hard maple has been the standard flooring material used in the construction of basketball courts.
What is the advantage of maple flooring?
Maple is one of the hardest woods available commercially in the U.S., coming in at 1450 on the Jenka Hardness Scale. As such, it is quite dense and naturally resistant to scratches, wear and tear. This makes maple a good choice for rooms with lots of foot traffic or homes with kids and pets.
How often should I completely sand a maple gym floor down to bare wood and refinish?
You should sand your hardwood gym floor once every eight to ten years. However, knowing when to sand them down really depends on the condition of the wood floors.
How long does it take to sand and refinish a gym floor?
The process of sanding and refinish a gym floor takes two to three weeks. However, in some cases, it could be slightly longer if the client wants to add a lot of designs, stains, logos, etc.
How Often should a gym floor be recoated?
Industry standards recommend screening and coating every 6 months to 1 year (depending on usage of area). Regular screening and recoating over the life time of your gym floors will help them last much longer.
What is a screening and recoating?
Screening involves a light sanding of the finish using a screen sanding disc on a buffer, after deep cleaning the floor we proceed to apply the gym floor finish which makes it glossy and safe to play.
How long does it take to screen and recoat your gym floor?
The process can be completed in a couple of days depending on the size of the gym with a minimum curing time of 72 hours, ideally 5 days but the longer the better.
Follow us on social media to see our latest work!
Follow Us On Instagram
Error: No feed found.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.
Call Today!! Make an appointment, text or email and we will schedule a walk of your facility to measure, look at the condition of your floors so wee can provide you with a free, no obligation quote.